Senior Press and Communications Advisor
SolarPower Europe, with headquarters in the heart of Brussels, is recruiting a Senior Press and Communications Advisor to enhance our visibility in the media and on digital channels. SolarPower Europe is a member-led association representing more than 240 companies across the solar value chain. Our mission is to ensure more energy is generated from solar than any other energy source by 2030.
SolarPower Europe is a leading association in energy and climate policy – we have a great story tell, whether it is our award-winning market intelligence, innovative communications campaigns, or world-renowned events.
We are looking for a highly motivated professional to help take our press and communications activities to the next level. This includes proactively developing new ideas and high-impact news stories that tell a positive and compelling story about our work, as well as responding to the fast-changing world of renewables, with a range of stakeholders around the world.
Key tasks include:
- Write and develop press releases, comments and written contributions to a high standard;
- Lead in responding quickly and efficiently to media enquiries;
- Build relationships with key EU, national, and trade journalists;
- Develop new and innovative ways of getting our story out and provide strategic media advice to team and management;
- Coordinate media campaigns with a range of stakeholders;
- Build media lists and monitor media coverage and profile on social media, with the aim of increasing our impact;
- Support planning and production of communications campaigns;
- Develop key messages from our advocacy work, papers and reports tailored to various target groups;
- Contribute and support source relevant content for the newsletter and website; and
- Work with Communications Director to further develop innovative communications strategy
- 3-4 years of experience working in press/communications;
- Ability to quickly digest complex policy information and make it relevant for the media;
- Experience in creating and pitching news stories across a range of media channels;
- Passion for communications and renewable energy;
- Good understanding of energy policy and EU system is a plus;
- Experience with CMS tools and social media;
- Ability to produce work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Precise and creative approach to writing, communication campaigns, and media engagement;
- Possess excellent judgement, attention to detail and the ability to manage your own workload ;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills; and
- Fluent English (native English speaker level preferred), any other European language is an asset.
You will also be a citizen of the EU community or have a Belgian work visa.
A CV (maximum 2 pages) and motivation letter (maximum 1 page) should be sent to Kristina Thoring, Communications Director at SolarPower Europe: firstname.lastname@example.org before COB 2 August 2020 quoting “Press and Communications Officer” in the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information on SolarPower Europe, please visit www.solarpowereurope.org